Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 7 - Isagenix 9 day cleanse

Today was my last shake day! I couldn't bear the thought of having one this morning so I had a lemon bar instead.

I'm on a business trip and didn't want to have to explain my choice of shake at lunch so I had my meal at lunch today. Three mini Babybel swiss cheese flavour portions (wonderful and 60 calories each), some fresh vegetables, and some Mandarins Sugar Rock which are wee little mandarin oranges that look like they are past their prime but are super sweet and delicious. They're grown in China and some have concerns about that but their taste is worth the risk to me.

Tonight a shake with the orange Want More Energy flavouring. Either the shake flavour is growing on me or the orange is good enough or I was so thrilled about not having to have another, but the last shake was fine.

I don't have a scale here so I don't know how it went today. Last night I stopped at my sister's for dinner before coming to my client's place. Instead of going out I went to the grocery store and picked up friendly meal items. Pre-cooked chicken strips which were a bit of a cheat since they were seasoned and glazed. Some multigrain salad which tasted divine, a half of a potato and fresh vegetables.

I almost became a fully annoying convert yesterday - I finally had the energy that everyone's been talking about and felt better than I remember feeling in months. I blew it though by not getting to the hotel until 10:00 p.m., and then waking up every few hours with either coughing or room temperature issues. I was exhausted today and not able to focus as well as I would have liked.

Two more cleanse days and then we'll see where it goes. Yesterday I wore a sweater that had several women talking at work - it's generally a slimming sweater on me at any weight but I do have to admit that it felt good to have it on yesterday. The women seemed to think that there's been a big change.

I'm getting so very tired of the cold. I'm down to the tail end where I cough because of a tickle, but the coughing is very annoying, particularly when it wakes me up in the middle of the night.

So far it's worked out well. I'm impressed with my dedication to the plan. I've also noticed that I haven't really had any sugar cravings, but the Snacks have got fructose in them and so do the shakes so maybe I'm getting it in different ways. But it didn't bother me to walk by the candy aisle in the grocery store last night. I do want crackers though and that's not normal for me.

Tomorrow night will be the test - I've got a three hour drive that I'm not looking forward to. I'll be tired because of a long day at work.

No regrets - I'm happier with the plan than I thought I would be.

Cheers,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment