Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 6 Isagenix 9 day cleanse

Today is Day 6. It's another shake day.

I'm up 0.5 lbs which means that I've lost 3.5 lbs so far instead of the 5 that I had after my second cleanse day. But I remembered Patti saying that even when she wasn't losing weight she was losing inches so I took my measurements and I'm down 2.5 inches from 3 days ago so a total of about 7.5 inches. I doubt that the 1/2 inch that's come from my knees is noticeable, but I'm happy with the additional inches from my waste and belly.

I'm starting a business trip for a couple of days this evening so that will be interesting. Fortunately it's casual and I should be fine. I think I'll move my meal to lunch and have my shake in the evening tomorrow. Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my sister but we'll go somewhere simple and I'll have a salad. Wednesday is the second to last cleanse day and I'll be driving that day for 3 hours. It's a boring stretch of road and normally I keep myself awake by popping peanut M&Ms. I'll see how I feel but I expect to be a bit cranky. I'm thinking I might extend it and make Wednesday a shake day. But I'm running out of shake and don't know if I have enough. I do have the lemon bars which I can use and maybe I'll do that.

I've decided that I miss food. I want an orange.

About 5 years ago I got hooked on South Beach Diet and lost 25 lbs with it. Phase 1 eliminates fruits and starches and that lasts two weeks. I saw similar results with that and was down 7 lbs the first two weeks. The interesting thing there is I very clearly remember craving oranges during the two weeks as well. I might only have 4 oranges a year (but orange juice every day) so the craving is surprising.

I spoke with Patti last night. She's doing the 9 day system the same schedule as I am. Her second day of cleanse she had so much energy she's now signed up for a half day marathon. I am only today feeling alert but it's been the three week cold that seems to be going around and I'm coming to the tail end of that.

I am very jealous of her energy. My life the last three weeks has been on the couch.

Patti has said that I can have food on the plan, but right now with my mind set I'm following it as closely as I can. I know that if I start introducing foods at this point it'll be too easy to allow more and more.

Still happy with the program - it's definitely easy to follow as long as you're in the right mindset.

Cheers,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment