Friday, January 7, 2011

Back on shake days - day 3 or 5 of 9 day cleanse

Hi,

Today is the first day back on the shake days. I successfully completed two days of the cleanse days so now I'm on day 3 of the 9 day system. I have five shake days in a row now and then finish off with two days of the cleanse.

I did my weigh in this morning and I'm down 5 lbs! Inches lost are also five inches - one from bust, one from waist, one from hips and then various half and quarter inches here and there.

I now weigh what I weighed prior to my Dad coming to visit in October last year but I had only been that weight for a few months and had been a bit heavier than now for the last couple of years.

One of the interesting things is that I have set points on the 3s and 5s where I tend to hover on those weights (for example, 143 and 148) and it takes me a bit longer to get off of those weights than the other weights. This time I blew right by the 148 and am at 146 at the moment.

Turns out that cats really like the shake mix. I had portioned out the shakes for the next few days and had put them in a bag on the floor. One of my cats got right into the bag and was busy trying to get into the plastic when I caught her.

I've joined the plan with a woman at work - she'll be starting next week and Patti, our coach, told us we should buy one of each of the flavours of shakes. She ordered the chocolate ones so we're swapping those out. I'll be tasting the chocolate shake at noon today.

My cheating is that I've been having more almonds than it says to (though not too many), I'm not always using filtered water, and I'm not exercising. Yesterday I received the lemon bars and orange drink in the mail and I ate a quarter lemon bar throughout the day.

So overall I'm not cheating very much.

It's hard to say whether it's making me feel better - I think I might have sinusitis and had to go home yesterday early from work because I was so tired. All the water I'm drinking is good for the sinusitis though and I'm hoping it'll resolve without the need for medication.

Current impressions of the plan?

1. It's pretty easy as long as you're in the mind-set. I can see doing this in January each year.
2. I'm not so sure that I like the flavours of the products and that will be the challenge.
3. I'm happy with it so far.

Cheers,

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment